Alhaji Mohammed Sabo Nanono, representing Kano State was yesterday 21st August 2019 sworn in as the new Minister to be in charge of Agriculture in Nigeria. Livestonews brings you the profile of the new minister.
Date of Birth : 11th April 1946
Place of Birth : Tofai-Zakirai District of Kano State
Marital Status : Married with two wives
Number of Children : Eight 
Academic Qualifications :
- Primary School Certificate, Zakirai and Gwarzo
- Birnin-Kudu Secondary School – WASC, 1966
- Government College, Kano – HSC, 1968
- Ahmadu Bello University [ABU], Zaria
- B.Sc [Business Administration: 2nd Class Upper Division] – 1972
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA: Masters in Public Policy & Administration [Development Economics] – 1977
- Advanced Management Program [AMP], Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachussets, USA – March to May 1994.
- Central Bank of Nigeria, Kano: Clerk Grade ‘C’ – January 1969 to September 1969.
- Kano State Government: Planning Officer – 1972 to October 1973.
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria: Lecturer – October 1973 to June 1978.
- New Nigeria Development Co. Ltd., Kaduna: Senior Investment Executive – July 1978 to January 1980.
- Kano State Investment & Properties Limited: Managing Director & Chief Executive – February 1980 to May 1983.
Bank of the North Limited:
- Assistant General Manager [Corporate Finance] – June 1983 to March 1988.
- Executive Director – April 1988 to June 1990.
African International Bank Limited:
- General Manager – December 1991 to August 1995.
- Managing Director & Chief Executive – August 1995 to 2000
Board Memberships :
Served as a Director on the Boards of the following institutions on part-time basis:
- Benro Packaging Co. Limited, Gboko, Benue State – 1978 to 1979.
- Ceramics Manufacturers Limited, Kano: 1978 to 1983.
- Kano Textile Printers Limited, Kano – 1980 to 1983.
- National Trucks Manufacturers Limited, Kano – 1980 to 1983.
- Kano Cotton Ginnery Limited, Kano – 1980 to 1983.
- Kapital Insurance Co. Limited, Kano – 1980 to 1983.
- nigerian Victory Assurance Limited, Kano – 1980 to 1983.
- Nigerian Hotels Limited, Lagos – 1980 to 1983.
- Northern Nigerian Flour Mills Limited, Kano – 1980 to 1983.
- Roof Company Limited, Kaduna – 1983 to 1988.
- Gaskiya Textile Mills Limited, Kano – 1984 to 1989
- Kano Hotels Limited [as Chairman] – 1987 to 1982.
- Matasa Community Bank Limited, Kano – December 1992 to March 1996.
- Academy Press Business Forms Limited, Lagos – 1994 to date.
- Visa Investments & Trust Limited, Lagos – 1995 to date
- Express Discount Limited, Lagos – 1996 to date
He served on the following Committees and Councils:
- Governing Council, Kano State Foundation – 1988 to 1992
- Sub-Committee on Privatisation & Commercialisation of Nigerian Port Authority 1988
- Hadejia/Ja-amaare River Basin Authority – 1989
- Kano State Privatisation & Commercialisation Committee [as Chairman] – 1990 to 1992
- Horse Riding
- Watching Documentary Videos
Mr Nanono is a large scale farmer and a former chairman of All Farmers Association of Nigeria (AFAN).in Kano state.
Credit: Blerf who is who in Nigeria (online)